What's in Your Water?® We can tell you.
Free Sampling Kits
SPL provides free sampling kits, which include bottles, swabs, insulated bag, sampling instructions, and a Chain of Custody form that needs to be returned with your samples.
Chain of Custody
A Chain of Custody (COC) form is included in your sampling kit. If you need extra copies you can download COC here.
Test codes, Methods, Turn Around Times
For a list of tests, test codes, testing methods, and estimated turn around times see Test Codes and Turn Around Times.
General Shipping Information
- Send samples to Special Pathogens Laboratory, 1401 Forbes Ave., Suite 401, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, for receipt Monday through Friday only.
- Samples are not processed on Saturday and Sunday.
- Samples received in the afternoon may be processed the next working day.
- Send samples overnight delivery (preferably Fed Ex).
- Ship Monday through Thursday only to assure proper receipt. Ship samples within a watertight, insulated shipping container. Include cold packs if not sending by overnight express. NO WET ICE.
- Some tests require different shipping instructions. See specific test pages.
Your results will be emailed to you in PDF format. See sample report.
Read more about our tests and laboratory processes.